WHAT IS COMPUTER VIRUS?
Computer virus (vital information resource under seize) is a small piece of program that causes damage to the other program by changing their environment.
Example a virus might attach itself to a program such as a spreadsheet program. Each time the spreadsheet program runs, the virus runs too and it gets the chance to attach to the other programs or caused disaster.
KINDS OF COMPUTER VIRUS:
• BOOT VIRUS: This type of virus can be found in the floppy disc and removable drive.
• RESIDENT VIRUS: This virus can also infect your pc. This virus can be found in computer’s memory.
• DIRECTORY VIRUS: This type of virus can infect your computer through online transactions and DNS servers.
• FILE VIRUS: This virus cause destruction of the files stored on computer hard drive.
• PARTITION VIRUS: This virus causes destruction of MBR (Master Boot Record) and due to the destruction of MBR your system will not start.
PROBLEMS OCCUR WHEN PC IS INFECTED
Computer viruses are mysterious and grab our attention. When your pc is infected the following problems will occur:
• Slow speed of your computer.
• Crashing of various software programs.
• Loss of data etc.
INSTRUCTION TO GET RID OF COMPUTER VIRUS:
If you have the internet access and you do not up date antivirus software, it is very possible that you have a computer virus
First of all you must install an antivirus software package,
Once installed it can perform a scan of your system and give opinions on how to rid of virus.
If your pc is still running slowly, you can just press keys (ctrl+alt+del) from the keyboard to see which program has infected your pc.
MOST POPULAR ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARES
To get rid from computer virus the most popular antivirus software are:
• TITAN ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE
• MC AFEE
- What are computer viruses?
- What is a computer trojan?
- Why is my computer so slow?
- How to speed up my computer?
- How to buy a computer?
- What is a computer software?
- Why does my computer freeze?
- Why are computers so important?